When people hear the word “durian,” the first thing that comes in people’s mind is Davao.
Davao City is the home of durian in the Philippines. Some would say durian has a funny smell that not everyone would appreciate. Despite this, many people still want to try durian. Through the years, many have come up with various ways of using durian. One of them is durian candy.
Here’s how you can make your own Davao delicacy.
- 4 cups durian pulp
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 4 cups sugar
Things you would need:
- stainless carajay
- wooden spoon
- measuring cups
- measuring spoon
- mixing bowl
Visit Davao now! Prove that it’s more fun in the Philippines! Nothing beats GV Hotels! GV Hotels give the best value for your money. No frills, budget accommodation for the practical traveller!
How to make Durian Candy:
- Mix the milk and sugar.
- Cook over low fire.
- Constantly stir until the mixture about to thicken.
- Add the durian pulp into the mixture.
- Continue stirring until the mixture forms into a hard ball.
- Mold into smaller balls, strips, or whatever shape you prefer.
- Wrap molded durian candy in cellophane.
- Serve and enjoy!