About Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay, 7001
By Air: One can reach Leyte by taking a flight via Manila or Cebu. In Manila you need to transfer from the international airport terminal to the domestic airport terminal for a direct flight to Tacloban City, Leyte.
From Tacloban, buses or vans travel to Baybay also every hour, traveling time is approximately 2.5 hours.
By Sea: If your flight is coming from Cebu City, you can take a taxi from the airport to the harbor/pier – You can choose to ride a passenger vessel via Ormoc City or direct to Baybay City. Make sure to check the schedule of the boats before making a plans.
From Ormoc buses and jeepneys travel to Baybay which is about a 1-hour drive
- Vintas – Zamboanga is known for its colorful boats called vintas. Its sails have assorted vertical colors that represent the culture and history of the Muslim community.
- Palina Falls – Picturesque waterfall that’ll take your breath away.
- Buluan Island – A short 30-minute boat ride from Palid wharf. The island has white sand beaches and features a 65-hectare marine sanctuary. Buluan Island is the only place in municipal waters where hard and soft corals are preserved and protected. Definitely a scuba divers and fishing enthusiast’s little piece of heaven.
- Provincial Capitol – A unique and amazing structure in the country. The Provincial Capitol is a refreshing break away from the common four-walled government buildings.
- Ipil’s Barbeque Center -is a collection of stalls that opens only in the evenings, specializes in roast chicken. It comes served with hanging rice and a bowl of soup.
- Kasikas Festival – Celebrated every 1st of May, Kasikas Festival is an annual event in honour of Sr. San Jose Mamumuo, the patrol saint of Ipil. Religious procession, chorale competition, street dancing competition featuring the “lechon” are some of the highlights of the festivities.
- Sibug – Binibining Sibugay, street dancing, trade fair, sports fest and the longest talaba grill are some of the highlights of this celebration. The festivity is held annually from Feb 15 to 26, in celebration of the founding anniversary of the province. The festival is also an event that showcases the biggest, juiciest and meatiest “talaba”.
|Room Type|| Room
|Regular Rate||Promo Rate|
|Deluxe Family 3pax||3||1800||900|
*All room prices/rates above are in Philippine Peso (Php).
*All GV Hotels room prices/rates shall change without notice.
*All bookings/reservations are subject to GV Hotel's Terms and Conditions.
*Room price/rates above are not applicable on peak seasons.
*Flexi/Tariff Rates: Rebooking is Free ; Promo Rate: No Free Rebooking
*Rebooking Fee: Php224.00/booking
*Promo Rate is applicable from January 1 to December 31, 2017